Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolutions

I've never been one for doing New Year(s)? Resolutions but I've decided to put down a few this year. I'm hoping that by making them public I will hold myself accountable and follow through with them. Here they are.

1. Keep better track of where my money goes and try to stop unnecessary money leaks!

2. Set a realistic budget and stick to it.

3. Put more money in savings. For the past few years I have put $10 a payday into an online savings account (it is purposefully online so it takes a few days to access the money) Last payday or the one before (I can't remember exactly which) I upped the amount to $20 a payday. I have used this money for our usual trip to visit family in the summer and then again for the kids' Christmas. I also want to start putting any extra money in my account after bills are paid into savings to help pad our non existent Emergency Fund.

4. Keep up with my blog!

5. Scan the waist high stack of boxes of pictures from my mom into the computer and put to disc to pass out to my siblings and my mom. That is going to be one big job! I scanned about 6 albums from Jan this year and it took me forever!

Here's to keeping my 2011 resolutions! Good luck to me.

No comments: