Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

I completely forgot about the weekly wrap up til I visited Getting Ahead tonight and saw her post. I can't think of much I did this week, but there are a few things.

1. I haven't drove as much because we have decided to have Si ride his bike to and from school, so that saves me on gas! He doesn't mind because he gets to school a bit earlier and has time to eat breakfast there, which he says is really good, so it's a win-win! We also canceled 2 of his appointments, so I didn't have to drive.

2. There really wasn't much on sale, so I didn't do any coupon shopping, which means my coupon money got rolled over, so when a really big sale (like the hamburger sale a while back) comes around again, I have some extra money put away.

3. We made a deal with Si and Jordyn and bought them a Nintendo DS to share (I think mom just might borrow it sometimes, too!). I know that's not very frugal, but we've been thinking about it for a while. To make that purchase frugal we took my mil, Jan, with us to purchase it and we used her 10% employee discount. I think that saved us about $20. Thanks, Jan!

4. Oh, one more thing! Again, not very frugal, but with a frugal element. I have been wanting to get Guitar Hero for our Wii and Rob found one on eBay (brand new) for half the price. Gotta love eBay!

I started this post thinking I wouldn't have much to say, but ended up rambling quite a bit! Those of you who know me are probably used to that! ;)

3 comments:

Marti Hawker said...

Jaden is gettin a DS for his birthday in March. He has been feeding the dogs every day since October so he can earn one. Thats nice you got such a good discount!

Mama Bear said...

We got Guitar Hero too, if you need an extra guitar I found one by Nyko its a Frontman style for $10 a little while back plus its eligible for free shipping with a $25 purchase. I usually only buy things in $25 sets and there are usually game/toy or housewares sales like buy 2 get one free and what not.

Jennifer said...

My daughter is currently saving her money for a nintendo ds, I hope she finds it worth it in the end. We don't have any hand held game system like it, so it would be a novelty for sure. Thanks for participating!