Saturday, July 5, 2008

Trip to Fillmore & Delta

Last weekend Rob's family had a big 90th Birthday Bash for Grandpa Max. It was so much fun. I had to work Friday night, so we got up early on Saturday and headed to Fillmore. Jan, Jana and I were in charge of having enough fruit trays for 100 people.

They had the party and luncheon at the Senior Citizens Center and it was a nice, big building. It was really nice to see all of Robs aunts, uncles, cousins and cousins kids. Jordyn got to play with Sky and Halli and I kept confusing Marti's boys with my own because all 5 of them are blondes with buzzed hair!

Rob's cousin, Max, emceed the whole thing and did a good job. Jana and Jan sang a song for Grandpa. Jana also read a poem that Jan had written. Most of the kids and grandkids all sang a song together. Sky, Halli and Livi all sang the cutest song for grandpa and they did great! I didn't get any pictures, which I'm really sad about.

After the party we all headed to the grandparents house to hang out and visit. Jordyn made the cutest button bracelet with Jada and her girls. I'm gonna have to go get the stuff to do that. Rob took Max on a short ATV ride while I stayed at the house with the rest of the kids. That evening we loaded up and headed over to Delta to stay at my mom and John's house.

Sunday morning we slept in (well, kinda) and then we headed out to my Aunt Jeanette's house, which is on the res (short for reservoir). We all had a blast playing in the water and on the boats. I missed it, but Si actually tried knee boarding and I was told he did pretty good! Oh, also my cousins Angela and Hollie were there. It was nice to see them since it's been almost a year since we last saw each other. We had a big bbq that afternoon and then played on the boats until it was almost dark.

Monday we all got up early (UGHH!!) and went on an ATV ride up in the mountains. It was lots of fun, although Rob might say otherwise! We stopped at a small stream/creek and played in the water. I was the last one to get on my bike (with Jake and Jordyn with me) and got left behind. I had to strap down the cooler and then Jake was drinking some water, so I didn't dare drive with him drinking, so we got left behind. I tried to catch up, but got to a fork in the road and wasn't sure which way to go, so I went back to the creek. Rob came tearing up the road a few minutes later looking for us! I'm always the one that gets left, but usually it's because I'm stopped taking pictures!

When we got back to Mom and John's there was a nice, yummy roast in the crock pot waiting for us. I think it was the best roast I had had in years. After lunch we started to load up and headed home. I was sad to go, but very glad to sleep in my own bed that night!!

All in all it was a very fun trip and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: