Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cabin Fever


All day yesterday the kids begged to go to the park. There was just one small problem with that. It rained. ALL.DAY.LONG. This morning I had to run a quick errand and when I was done I decided that there was not a reason that we couldn't go to the park for a while. We hurried home and grabbed hats and gloves and headed to the park! We called Jan and she met us over there, bonus for us. The kids had fun playing and running around, which is just what this momma wanted, them to get some of their pent up energy out! The toys were pretty slick with ice, but no one got hurt and the kids had fun, so that's all that matters.







A while after we got home Max was whining to me that he was bored and didn't have anything to do. I told him to quit whining or I'd find him something. I suggested that he could clean the bathroom. He didn't like that too much, but kept whining. Then I had a brilliant idea! I was washing dishes so I told him to get a library book and sit at the table and read to me. He wasn't too enthused but I made him do it and I think he ended up enjoying himself. I'm sure he had more fun reading to me than he would have had cleaning the bathroom!

Si didn't go to the park with us, that's why there are no pictures of him.

**edited to add that I actually wrote this post on Thursday and scheduled it to post today!

No comments: