I know, I know! I've been neglecting my poor blog. AGAIN! I'll try to do better, I promise!
Here's another menu plan Monday for ya!
Monday: Baked Penne with Meat Sauce
8 oz dried penne pasta
1 14 1/2 ox can Italian style tomatoes, undrained
1/2 of a 6 oz can (1/3 cup) Italian style tomato paste
1/4 C dry red wine or tomato juice
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb ground beef
1/2 C chopped onion
1/4 C sliced olives
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook past according to package directions; drain. meanwhile, ina blender or food processor combine tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, dried oregano, sugar, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large skillet cook ground meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and olives.
3. Spoon all of the pasta mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more.
Tuesday: Taco supper skillet
1/2 lb hamburger
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
2 1/4 C water
1 1/2 C uncooked waton wheel pasta
1 1/2 C frozen corn
1 can pinto or kedney beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 C shredded cheese
1/2 C sour cream
1 Tbsp chives
1. Brown hamburger
2. Stir in seasoning mix, water, pasta, corn, beans and tomato into hamburger. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
3. Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes for cheese to melt.
Wednesday: Zesty Chicken and Pasta
1 8 oz pkg of fusilli pasta
1/2 C Italian dressing, divided
1 lb chicken, cut into 1 in cubes
2 C broccoli
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp parsley
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1/4 C of dressing. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes or til chicken is done. Add veggies and parsley and cook until veggies are tender.
3. Drain pasta, mix with chicken mix and remaining 1/4 C of dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
Thursday: Potato Kielbasa
1/2 lb of keilbasa
3 large potatoes
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp basil
Cut the keilbasa into bite sized pieces. Peel and dice the potatoes and combine with the keilbasa in a large casserold dish. Mince or press the garlic and add the pepper and tomato sauce. sTri together well. Cover tightly with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour on 350.
**I'm pretty sure I got this recipe from Jennifer from Getting Ahead
For more Menu Plan Monday check out Laura's blog Org Junkie!