Friday, January 16, 2009

Stop the Insanity!!

I couldn't think of anything better for the title of this post. It seems like I am hardly home anymore. I am writing this Thursday night, at work, but I think I'll set it to auto post for tomorrow, Friday. I have had appointments every day this week, plus work every day, too! Monday was Jake's Speech Therapy, then grocery shopping. Tuesday was Biolife. Wednesday was volunteering in Max's class. Thursday was Biolife again and then another shopping trip and then cake and ice cream at Jan's (my mil) for my sil, Ruth. I try to keep shopping to one time a week, but there were some things on sale at Albertsons that I didn't want to miss and then the new add came out Wednesday so there were some other things I wanted to get from that sale, but didn't want to wait for my normal shopping day because I missed some good things on the last one by waiting until the end of the sale! I guess I need to tweak my schedule so I can get to the store at the beginning of the sale so I only have to do one trip a week! Friday Si has an appointment at 9:30. I has all of that stuff on top of taking Si to school by 7:30 (whoever thought up that start time should be shot. I really mean it!), then Jordyn and Max out the door by 8:40. Max needs to be picked up at 11:45 Mon-Thur and 10:40 on Fridays. Also, Si needs to be picked up at 2:00 every day. Jordyn walks home with friends, I'm so glad I don't have to pick her up!! Then Mon-Friday I work 4 pm to midnight. It has been nice to have Rob home these last few months helping with the pick ups and drop offs if I need it. It'll be an adjustment when he goes back to work. I can't even imagine the craziness that's going to ensue (is that how you spell it?) when my kids start doing extracurriculars. Which will be soon. We got the flyer for soccer for Max and Jordyn and I've been looking at the community pamphlet for a class for Si. Oh, and I need to get ahold of his Scout Leader and find out when that is!

Wow! That was one long run on paragraph! I'm too lazy to go and fix it, though ;)

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Phew~ I'm tired just reading about your busy life! I know what you're going through. On the rare occasion that I have a "free" day with nothing going on, I feel like I can finally take a deep breath. Life with kids is insane. So many things going on. (((hugs)))

Marti Hawker said...

I here by dub you "Super Mom" ! I hope you have some time in there for some rest!

Amy said...

I took about an hour and 20 minute nap Friday afternoon before work. It got me through!

Jeri said...

You make me glad that I am past that stage in my life! Being busy with our children is so rewarding, but also exhausting. The bigger they get the faster you run. Hang in there.

jantiz said...

I got some cute pictures of the kids from the day you and Rob Went to Vegas. Si is holding a beautiful piece of ice that looks like lace. Jordyn is so cute to pose and look like a model, Max has his usual police officer attitude. Jake seemed to enjoy being tied up, as you sugested, for his safety and my sanity, this time. With Janas help he thought it was fun. I will need to get pictures to you, maybe you can post them?

Heidi said...

Whew, sounds busy all right! I've had days like that, too! Make sure to make some Amy time with all that craziness; it's hard to make time for yourself when life gets like that, but I've learned the hard way how important that is!